Eligibility for Elizabeth Wilson Memorial Scholarship & Renewal
- You must be a graduating senior (or have graduated) from a public or private high school in Lenawee County, Michigan.
- You must be accepted for attendance at an accredited community college, or bachelor’s-degree-granting institution of higher education.
- You must be planning to enroll as a music or performing arts major at that college.
- You must have earned an overall grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) or better in junior and senior years of high school.
- Financial need is not a consideration for this scholarship.
- As part of the application process submit an application accompanied by a typed, well-written 500-750 word-long essay on the topic “Why I am Pursuing a career in Music or the Performing Arts.” (See last section of application). No other essay will be accepted.
- Also submit two letters of recommendation written by individuals who have witnessed your pursuit in your field of study. They may be from anyone except a family member and must be written for this scholarship application.
- A selection committee will review applications and letters of recommendation. Interviews may be requested for finalists. An incomplete application will not be considered.
- The amount of the scholarship will be $2,000 for the first year and can be renewed for up to three more years upon reevaluation by the committee provided the student continues in the music or performing arts program and maintains a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (4.0 scale) or better in all college courses.
- Each year, the joint announcement of the scholarship will be made by the Elizabeth Ruthruff Wilson Foundation, the Lenawee Intermediate School District, and the Lenawee County Education Foundation.
- The Lenawee County Education Foundation will disburse the scholarship jointly to the student and the institution, with one-half being paid each semester, provided the student continues his/her formal education into the second semester.
- The immediate families of members of the Lenawee Intermediate School District Board of Education, the Lenawee County Education Foundation and the Elizabeth Ruthruff Wilson Foundation are ineligible for this scholarship.
LINK to Applications will be Available on December 1st!