- An organization must have current 501(c) (3) Public Charity status from the Internal Revenue Service or be a government entity.
- Organizations must be located in, or serve populations of Lenawee County, Michigan.
- Proposals must relate to music or the performing arts.
- Proposals must be aligned with the Foundation’s mission.
The Elizabeth R. Wilson Foundation does not fund:
- Travel expenses
- Loans or debt retirement
- Contributions to religious organizations whose principal activity is for the benefit of their own members
- Athletic fields, parks, playgrounds or recreational facilities
- Emergency funding
- Projects from organization whose policies or practices discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation
- Political organizations or organizations whose purpose is to influence legislation
The Foundation’s Board of Directors reviews all grant applications received. The Board meets four times per year and makes the bulk of its decisions in January and July of each year. While the Board reviews applications throughout the year, funding tends to be more limited later in the year, so please plan ahead. To ensure your application is reviewed at one of our board meetings, it is best if requests are timed to arrive by either December 15 or June 30. Requests that arrive outside of those time frames will still be reviewed at a later time.
Submit all applications to:
Theresa Powers, President
Elizabeth Ruthruff Wilson Foundation
P.O. Box 27
Tecumseh, Michigan 49286
A Note to Grant Seekers:
While the Foundation would like to be in a financial position to assist all grant requests within its mission, its resources are limited. At times, worthy grant applications must be declined simply because funds to support them are just not available. Consequently, an applicant organization should never view a declination by the Foundation as a judgment on the merits of the proposal.